b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Relevance Theory & Hebrew Semantics

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Reinier de Blois" <r.de.blois AT solcon.nl>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Relevance Theory & Hebrew Semantics
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 20:31:10 +0200

Clay,

Yes, I agree that semantic cohesion is an axiom of the cognitive
approach. There can be semantic cohesion at different levels within a
text though. Even smaller units within a larger text can have a certain
degree of cohesion. But the larger the unit, the better the methodology
will work and the more it will achieve.

Best wishes,

Reinier