b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:50:02 -0500

Thank you, Yigal. Well, I can agree with the part of this which you explain, that the purpose of the Torah and the whole HB is to connect us to the Holy One, and not to teach us history. But that does not imply that it is historically inaccurate.

And it does not imply that it is not historically accurate.

In my experience, it is only people who do not believe in the Divine Origin of the Torah that believe it is historically not accurate.

Shoshanna