b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Singers

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Singers
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:05:03 -0400

Dear Peter, Yigal, et. al.,
First, thanks for thinking about this topic.
This lable for this form of the verb, polel, was new to me.
I had never thought about it as a separate form before.
Second, except for two other verses,
the polel of $yr appears only in Chronicles, Ezra, and Nehemiah.
The two other verses are Job 36:24 and Zeph. 2:14
(according to Bible Works, I should add I suppose).
So, my primary question is what is the thrust of the polel here?
and, secondly, can we conclude anything from the fact that
it is largely confined to Chronicles-Ezra-Nehemiah?
Thanks
Liz