b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Singers

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Singers
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 23:52:24 +0200

Hi Liz,

While I don't have a direct answer, could it be because in Chronicles and
Ezra-Nehemiah the reference is specifically to a class of Temple personnel,
while in other places it refers to palace singers? There is, by the way, one
place where Chron. uses "$arim Ve$arot" - in telling of Jeremiah's lament
for Josiah in 2 Chron. 35:25.

Yigal