b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kadeshah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>, "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kadeshah
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:48:11 -0500

I wish I fully understood why the ancient redactors included some of the
things they did, but I suspect the truth is in between. The entire
deuteronomic corpus as we have it strongly supports the deuteronomic
political agenda. That of course means that things that are NOT
consistent with the deuteronomic agenda, such as honest reports of pagan
practices, get extra weight because they must be historical reality.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com