b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Explain translation of "Asherah" as "grove"in2Kings23.7?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dora Smith" <villandra AT austin.rr.com>
  • To: "Jack Kilmon" <jkilmon AT historian.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Explain translation of "Asherah" as "grove"in2Kings23.7?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:43:42 -0500

Cmon Jack. I have a broken leg and a seriously injured other hip. I'm not
running around looking for this book!

What evidence does it present that Isarelite women even knew of Asherah in
the 2nd century BC?

By the way, I sure hope you posted this to the list, because my hip hurts, I
can't sit on half my butt, the stupid reply feature brought up only the
sender instead of the list again, which it's set up to do unless you click
wote, and clicking reply all to post to the list.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra AT austin.rr.com