b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Offend/dealt corruptly - chet bet lamed (nehemiah 1:7)
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:02:43 +0200

Beste Reiner, hoe gaat het in Nederland??

Thankyou, but I am really trying to get deeper into this root because of the
odd places where it is written in tanach and also the fact that words such
as 'sorrow' and 'destroy' have much more plainer hebrew variants than this
root. I understand that in hebraic thinking there is an idea of
"...entwining, braiding nothingness..." for example psalm 7 (the man
conceives evil). Also I am thinking whether or not a subtle idea in
translation of "DISFIGURMENT" could be meant/construed in place of destroy.

Groetjes, Thankyou Chris, Ireland.