b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Job & Sumer

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Re: Job & Sumer
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:02:39 -0500

Dear George,

I've been studying Job for quite a number of years, and it has always been my understanding that scholars did not know the date of its composition. There were various theories.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard

Oh, I'm quite sure that was the reason the rabbis of the talmudic times
considered Job to have been written early, but why is it repeated today
as though it were gospel rather than simply as an historical note?