b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: justify righteous?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: justify righteous?
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 17:36:59 +0300

Dear Harold,

I know that izdk is will justify.
The point of argument is le, justify for multitude.
You have to disregard le to "translate" as justify multitude. Indeed, le may
be omitted sometimes, but here, from your viewpoint, it is ADDED. And I
don't recal a case of the EXTRA preposition.
You had the same problem with be in bemotaw, didn't you?

Twisting is costly. It costs prepositions. :)

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny