b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ken Penner" <pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca>
  • To: "'Lisbeth S. Fried'" <lizfried AT umich.edu>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:55:42 -0400

Am I understanding you correctly, Liz, that you think in Biblical Hebrew
QATALs and WAYYIQTOLs are always absolute past (the event precedes the
speech), and YIQTOLs and WEQATALs are always future or jussive (the speech
precedes the event)?

Ken Penner, M.C.S. (Biblical Languages, Greek Focus), M.A. (Hebrew Poetry)
Ph.D. (cand.), McMaster University
pennerkm AT mcmaster.ca
Hebrew vocabulary software: http://s91279732.onlinehome.us/flash or