b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:32:38 +0300

Dear Ken,

Tanakhic grammar is not always strict.
There is a certain percentage of incorrect or loose usage of prepositions -
and, certainly, of the verb tenses. I guess you would encounter about the
same ratio of errors both in the simple tenses in in wa's and we's. These
are the scribal errors, not refutation of the tenses. I don't think medieval
English always uses tenses correctly, but you won't argue on existense of
tenses there.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny