b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "A. Philip Brown II" <pbrown AT GBS.EDU>
  • To: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Prophetic Perfect? Psalm 107
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:19:56 -0400

This strikes me as a fine case of assuming that the normal use(s) of a given
verb form are the "correct" grammar, and the exceptions are errors. This is
certainly an unwarranted assumption, particularly in light of the fact that
these "scribal errors" are normally not corrected in any Heb. mss we have,
but are regarded as an accurate transmission of the received text.

Regards,

Philip Brown
Cincinnati, OH