b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Bribes, Gifts, and Tribute

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Bribes, Gifts, and Tribute
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 21:28:37 -0500

Peter:

Like you I won’t go into present politics.

I think there is another aspect as well. For example, in 2 Chronicles 25:6
the king of Judah hired soldiers from Ephraim to be part of his army, under
direct command of his officers. Similarly Ammon hired armies from Aram in 2
Samuel 10:6.

But those kings who were bribed acted as a response to those bribes, as
independent agents. They were bought, but not hired.

Karl W. Randolph.