b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT escape.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 02:51:44 -0400

Hi b-hebrew,

>Dear Harold,
>Steve showed evidence of translation of "death" or
>"tomb." He did not show evidence of "intensive plurals."
>Best, Liz Fried A2

Hi Liz,

If you reread the original post, I think you will see a lot of references,
most especially from the Hebrew grammar and from the rabbinical expositors,
to the "intensive plural" and various other related (non-numerical) plural
forms... This included about a half-dozen rabbinical expositors....

The death/tomb question most especially comes up in the DSS, and you had
been of special assistance on that one, so I had quoted you when I did the
series :-)

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY