b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "al cantley" <alcantley AT cebridge.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:57:17 -0400

Peter Kirk wrote:
I'm not sure where you get this from, unless you have been confused by
the New Testament quotations of verse 1 which use the same word KURIOS
for YHWH and ADON. The personal references in the psalm seem clear:
there is one YHWH, also called ADONAY in v.5 in some texts, who is
speaking and promising help to the human "my lord" (ADON) of v.1 who is
referred to as "you" in the rest of the psalm. No sign of a second
YHWH....

It still seems to me that "you" is on the right hand of YHWH in verse 1
yet verse 5 says that ADONAY (YHWH) is the one on the right hand. Are
you saying that they have changed places from verse 1 to verse 5? Who do
you think "my lord" is in verse 1?

Blessings,
Al Cantley