b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Schmuel <schmuel AT escape.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: In his death?
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 01:29:11 -0400

Hi b-hebrew

Harold,
>> > 2) The form )eT that appears twice in Isa 53:9 is the normal form for
>>> the preposition "with" when it is preceded by a maqqeph. (snip)

Liz
>>Yes, but why then does that not come across in the Greek? (snip)

Harold,
>HH: I don't think the LXX translators did a good job on the first line of
>Isa 53:9. (snip)

Generally, the lens of the Septuagint is a poor one through which to analyze
the Hebrew -AramaicText.
In regards to Isaiah 53, there is a fascinating article on this regard ...

"The LXX, 1 QIsa, and Mt Versions of Isaiah 53 and the Christian Doctrine of
Atonement".
by Daniel Sapp -
In the book - "Jesus and the Suffering Servant - Isaiah 53 and Christian
Origins"

Daniel Sapp discusses how the LXX differs radically from the Masoretic Text
and from the DSS ...

Shalom,
Steven Avery
Queens, NY