b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bill Rea <bsr15 AT cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz>
  • To: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:18:42 +1200 (NZST)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Peter Kirk wrote:

> Easy: Mozilla 1.6, with the contributed builds listed at
> http://www.mozilla.org/releases/#1.6. I'm not sure about the last
> requirement, but that's an internal matter for the Solaris system.

This just tells me you don't understand what you're talking about.

I've looked at Mozilla and Netscape several times, most recently as
yesterday, there are problems with them. I haven't tried Gnus, that many
be a possibility.

I think we need to distinquish between people with a professional interest
in Hebrew whom you could expect to customize their computer systems around
their professional needs and people who are merely Hebrew amateurs and
whose systems will be customized around some other personal or
professional need. If this list is to be for professionals only, then I
guess I should shut up and go away. But that's not a direction I would
like to see it take as I don't know anyone else who has any knowledge of
Hebrew. In the approximately 12 years I've been on the list it has been
invaluable in keeping my interest in Hebrew alive.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury University \_
E-Mail bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz </ New
Phone 64-3-364-2331, Fax 64-3-364-2332 /) Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator (/'