b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: bill.rea AT canterbury.ac.nz
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 03:45:04 -0800

On 29/03/2004 12:40, Bill Rea wrote:

Petere wrote:-

As there are plenty of free e-mail clients now available which do
support Hebrew, I think it is reasonable to ask those interested in
Hebrew to install one. After all, if one is really interested in a
subject one needs to acquire the basic tools for that subject.

Can you point me to a free email client which does the following:-

Runs on Solaris/SPARC
Allows me to set a reply-to address
Runs as an IMAP client to a Microsoft Exchange server (it would
be nice if it could use Microsoft's proprietary protocol but
that's not essential)
Displays Hebrew
Will work over a dail-up line on a VT-100 or other compatible terminal
emulator

Easy: Mozilla 1.6, with the contributed builds listed at http://www.mozilla.org/releases/#1.6. I'm not sure about the last requirement, but that's an internal matter for the Solaris system.

--
Peter Kirk