b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] question about Song of the Sea
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:08:36 -0500

Peter:

You shouldn’t be so quick to jump on something without full information.

I receive my mail on one of the mail addresses that require a browser to view the messages. I just found out that iCab doesn’t show Hebrew. But it handles Latin based messages better than Mozilla for Macintosh OS 9. However, if I wish to view Hebrew, Mozilla works better.

Yes, I know I need a new computer which will have full support for the latest unicode, as soon as I can afford it.

As for the message that Dora Smith complained about, neither browser was able to make heads nor tails of the Hebrew text. Mozilla showed the text you included in your message as well as Hebrew web pages, so my conclusion that something was wrong with that message.

Karl W. Randolph.