b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Relative ages of LXX, DSS and proto-MT texts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Moshe Shulman <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Relative ages of LXX, DSS and proto-MT texts
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:11:25 -0500

At 05:00 PM 3/4/2004 -0800, CS Bartholomew wrote:
On 3/4/04 4:47 PM, "Moshe Shulman" <mshulman AT ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> 3. I have yet to find a LXX reading used in a 'sectarian' text.
Moshe,
That is an interesting comment. Could you expand on it? What your saying is
that when the non-canonical DSS texts quote from the OT canon they never
agree with the LXX against the MT. Is that what you are saying?

I cannot claim to have checked every reference, but I have checked many, and have not found the LXX. They use either the MT or the unique Qumran version.