b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew transliteration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jason Hare" <jason AT hareplay.com>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew transliteration
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:21:22 -0600

> I asked you a
> while back if there was a freely available Unicode text of the Hebrew
Bible,
> and as I recall, there was none. This, BTW, is one of my considerations in
all
> of this--if I am starting a dissertation right now that will probably
require
> me to quote frequently from the Hebrew Bible, should I enter everything
> manually so I can take advantage of Unicode?

http://www.mechon-mamre.org

This site offers the entire Tanakh (and Mishneh Torah, Talmud Bavli, Talmud
Yerushalmi, and Targum Onkelos) in Unicode Hebrew. Their Tanakh is pointed,
but the rest is unpointed—they are working on getting volunteers to add
nikkud to them.

Tanakh
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/t/t0.htm

Talmudim