b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew transliteration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Trevor Peterson <06PETERSON AT cua.edu>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew transliteration
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:03:36 -0800

On 21/01/2004 07:15, Trevor Peterson wrote:

===== Original Message From "Jason Hare" <jason AT hareplay.com> =====
This site offers the entire Tanakh (and Mishneh Torah, Talmud Bavli, Talmud
Yerushalmi, and Targum Onkelos) in Unicode Hebrew. Their Tanakh is pointed,
but the rest is unpointed—they are working on getting volunteers to add
nikkud to them.

I might add that I'm also not sure this is Unicode. When I view the html code it comes up as gobbledygook. In my experience, this shouldn't happen if it's in Unicode. Does anyone else get the same results?

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics

The fully cantillated version is Unicode. The text is based on Aleppo. I had a lengthy discussion about the site with the webmaster, Shlomo, a few months ago. You can download the entire text from http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=65010, to which there is a link on the Mechon Mamre home page.

If you prefer a Leningrad codex based text, go to http://www.anastesontai.com/b-cantilee/en-cant.asp.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)