b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:58:40 -0700

On 15/07/2003 11:26, Karl Randolph wrote:

Actually Chronicles glossed over a lot of unsavory details of a lot of the
kings, but I had reckened that that was because an editorial decision for
briefness, not as an attempt to “clean up their reputations”.

As far as offending Christians, don’t worry, we have scholarly answers that
satisfy us. Furthermore, those of us learned enough to respond on this list
have already heard both sides and are therefore unlikely to be offended.

Karl W. Randolph.

Well, let me put it this way. According to Muslim tradition and the Qur'an, all prophets were sinless, and that includes most of the major figures in the Bible. According to the New Testament, only Jesus Christ was sinless and indeed all others have sinned. Some ancient Christian traditions also hold that the Virgin Mary was sinless.

--
Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk AT ntlworld.com