b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:08:49 -0500

Clay, look at the context, your reading makes sense. In verse 5 she tells the
special ops team that the men had left her house just before the gates were
to be closed, therefore they should quickly persue them to catch up to them.
But the Israelites had not left the city, not even Rahab’s house, for Rahab
had hid them on her roof. She told the special ops team a bald faced lie.

Incidently, there is another Jewish tradition repeated in Matthew 1:5 that
Rahab did convert, married $LM), was the mother of Boaz who married Ruth,
making her an ancestress of King David.

Karl W. Randolph.