b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:26:18 -0500

Actually Chronicles glossed over a lot of unsavory details of a lot of the
kings, but I had reckened that that was because an editorial decision for
briefness, not as an attempt to “clean up their reputations”.

As far as offending Christians, don’t worry, we have scholarly answers that
satisfy us. Furthermore, those of us learned enough to respond on this list
have already heard both sides and are therefore unlikely to be offended.

Karl W. Randolph.