b-hebrew - Re: RE: [b-hebrew] qetseph in 2Ki 3:27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Levin, Yigal Y" <Yigal-Levin AT utc.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: RE: [b-hebrew] qetseph in 2Ki 3:27
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:07:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
Dear Karl,
Just a note to point out that it is not merely a superior to an inferior,
it is always from a god (except in Esther).
Pharaoh is a god.
Liz

Not to the author of Genesis, he's not. We must remember, that NONE of this
is transmitted to us "objectively" or even through the eyes of the
protagonists. What we see is what the authors wanted us to see.

Yigal
Yigal Levin
Department of Philosophy and Religion
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga