b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] qetseph in 2Ki 3:27

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Gray" <david_gray AT sil.org>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] qetseph in 2Ki 3:27
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:40:45 +0100

To Liz, Clay,

We could express it in the passive, keeping the Hebrew form, and I suppose
it would keep the problem as it is. The original audience would presumably
have understood who the agent was implied to be, so it makes sense to me to
make it clear. Personally I would go for the wrath of the Moabite people
against the Israelites as the most likely reading.

David Gray