b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] LORD

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Raymond de Hoop <rdehoop AT keyaccess.nl>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] LORD
  • Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 15:04:04 +0100

At 08-02-2003 14:43 Walter R. Mattfeld <mattfeld12 AT charter.net> wrote:

> Surely you are aware that
> Christians understand that it was Christ who made the world in 6 days and
> rested on the 7th day, and that it was Christ who appeared to Moses at Mount
> Sinai giving the Law to Israel ? So, why would it make any difference
> whether a word is translated YHWH or not for Christian interpreters of the
> Old Testament ?

My appologies to the list for this somewhat off-topic reaction.

Shalom Walter,

I suppose you are joking, because this can hardly be serious. If not, I
would suggest that you first try to understand the doctrine of the Trinity
in christian belief, BEFORE you write such nonsense and make yourself
ridiculous. Of course there have been -as in every religion- some extremists
in history, but what you are writing is absolutely not the main vision
within christian belief concerning the trinity.

Regards,
Raymond