b-hebrew - RE: My understanding of Gen 1:1-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Andrew & Debby Kulikovsky <hermeneutics AT kulikovskyonline.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: My understanding of Gen 1:1-3
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 00:21:00 +0200

On 07:45 PM 16/08/2002 +0100, Peter Kirk wrote:
Dave, I am simply repeating what I have heard about this from a
colleague, who has a Ph.D. in linguistics. I am not trying to claim that
WAYYIQTOL is always consecutive, simply that it often is, and that there
is no reason to interpret it otherwise either in Gen 1:3 or in the
opening verses of historical books which continue the historical
narrative.

Agreed. This is my understanding also.

cheers,
Andrew
--
Andrew & Debby Kulikovsky
Check out my Biblical Hermeneutics web site:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?