b-hebrew - Re: Question: Off topic? More

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob Read <bobread AT ids.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Question: Off topic? More
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:06:52 -0500

"Lisbeth S. Fried" wrote:

> I apologize, what I meant to say is:
> Ha! Informed by *our* theologies and prejudices you mean.
> I do not exclude myself.
> Liz

Hi Liz,
I smiled at the first post, and I'm still smiling. Either way,
it is all too often correct. However, I believe that God is
fully in control, and can even use mis-translations for His
purposes. The book of Job is a favorite of mine. The last few
chapters in particular help me to keep things in perspective.

Bob

--
Bob Read

Soli Deo Gloria-Solus Christus-Sola Gratia-Sola Fide-Sola Scriptura
The Church of The Master [Baptist]
Providence, Rhode Island
http://users.ids.net/~bobread/cotm.htm