b-hebrew - RE: _)aSHER_ in Ex. 3:14 (was "I AM")

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Harold R. Holmyard III" <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: _)aSHER_ in Ex. 3:14 (was "I AM")
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 21:14:08 -0500

Dear Alan,

You seem like a person with a chip on his shoulder. I do not see that Dave
has done anything to you. Why are you being so bitter over a difference of
opinion on an academic matter?

>> Do we really need to put up with this?

>What's the matter Dave? You can dish it out but can't take it?

There is no need for this sort of bitterness, and it does not serve the
interests of this web site.

>You're so good with words, I'll let you name that attitude.

This is not gentlemanly or kind.

>Do keep in mind that as a claimed Christian, you should do unto
>others as you want others to do unto you.

Has Dave hurt you in some way?

>I'm sure you can comment on that reference at length.

This is bitter and provocative.

>> I confess I didn't read to the end of this post,

>Naturally. As with so many other claimed Christians, you're far
>more concerned with form than substance.

I might not have read to the end of the post either, if I were the
recipient of it. Your logic was all right, but you had a harsh way of
presenting it. You made some positive contributions, but you mixed them
with remarks that seem unloving.

>Really, this is just an excuse to try to cover the fact that readers
>can see your arguments are invalid.

Somebody else has already written in agreement with Dave; so what is the
point of pretending that everyone disagrees with him?

>> because what I did read is so riddled with personal attacks,
>condescending pot-shots and insults that I couldn't make it through
>the post.

>Remember the Golden Rule, Dave.

I think Dave has a pretty good attitude.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard