b-hebrew - RE: _)aSHER_ in Ex. 3:14 (was "I AM")

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: _)aSHER_ in Ex. 3:14 (was "I AM")
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 06:41:02 -0700

> Dear Harold,
>
> I appreciate your comments and mostly agree with them. My point
> in posting in this manner is to show what I see as hypocrisy on
> Washburn's part. Rather than keeping things low key and
> academic, time after time I've seen him become harsh and insulting
> -- exactly what you are properly chiding me for. I think that in some
> instances turn about is fair play. Therefore I think you should
> carefully look at Washburn's remarks again, and you'll see how
> harsh, unloving, bitter and provocative he often is. He is simply less
> overt about it than I have been.

I can honestly say that I have no idea what Alan is talking about.
The only comment I made was that the bulk of his earlier post
merely repeated ground that had already been covered and that
some unsupported statements had been made. For pointing this
out, this is the kind of slander that is thrown at me. I do my best
to stick to the issues, and if in any instance I inadvertently slip into
what can be perceived as an attitude, I do my best to apologize as
I recently did with Peter Kirk. Personal attack and derision may be
the way academic discussion is done in some circles, but not in
mine. That's all I have to say on the subject. I'm sure there will be
a response, but since having the last word isn't that important to
me, I'll let it go.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at."