b-hebrew - Re: SV: Re[4]: FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SV: Re[4]: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:11:29 -0700

> > Peter, if this doesn't make it clear that Ian just doesn't get it, then
> > nothing will. I suspect you and I have better things to do than put
> > up with this kind of drivel. Ian's approach is "I already know
> > everything so don't confuse me" and that's obviously where his
> > comfort zone is. He's not going to read the material, he would
> > rather tout his ignorance. Fine, I suggest that we let him and get
> > on to discussing things with actual scholars.
> >

> > Dave Washburn
> >
> Who are they? The people who agree with you?

They're people who actually find out what they're talking about by
reading the material instead of just spouting off based on hearsay
and preconceived notions. Nice try, but no cigar. I couldn't care
less if someone agrees with me or not, but I like for them to at
least have a clue what they are discussing instead of just babbling
"I already know all I need to know so I don't need to read it." I do
not consider such an approach to be scholarship, nor do I think I
need to.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
Psalm 86:11