b-hebrew - Re: Re[5]: FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Henry Churchyard" <churchh AT usa.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[5]: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:43:47 -0600 (CST)

> Subject: Re: Re[5]: FW: Just a clarification
> From: Ian Charles Hutchesson <MC2499 AT mclink.it>
> Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 12:45:02 +0100 (CET)

>> PK: Bringing the name "Velikovsky" into this argument can have no
>> purpose other than ad hominem argument

> There is no ad hominem with Velikovsky. He is simply the person who
> popularized the idea of chronological problems.

But Velikovsky is most widely known for his theories of Venus being a
comet ejected from Jupiter, and that kind of thing; so when you call
Rohl "Velikovskian", it does seem as though you are tarring him with
the brush of exuberant catastrophism on the astronomical scale.

[Note: I've never read anything by or about Rohl except on this list.]

--
Henry Churchyard churchh AT usa.net http://www.crossmyt.com/hc/