b-hebrew - Re: historiography (Ken, again)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kdlitwak <kdlitwak AT concentric.net>
  • To: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • Cc: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: historiography (Ken, again)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 18:44:47 -0800

There is no reason for me to respond to this unscholarly ad hominem attack.
Niels Lemche is clearly not trained in historiography and his position
requires
that arguments he uses not be applied to anything else. I, on the other hand,
have not resorted to this offensive kind of attacks nor would I ever propose
an
argument that would not be valid in all cases. That is what makes a theory
valid. You can test it and apply it everywhere. So I am done with dealing
with
uninformed, idiosyncratic flames. Niels, don't bother responding. I'm
convinced you know nothing about how real historiography is done, and another
post won't convince me. When you have read the experts in that
specialization,
I'd be willing to talk.

Ken Litwak