b-hebrew - Apparently off topic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Paul Zellmer" <zellmer AT digitelone.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew, list" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Apparently off topic
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 06:44:54 +0800

Friends,

Does anyone know of a list that is dedicated to the study of the
*language* of the Biblical Hebrew text? I thought that I had found that
here several years ago, but the bulk of the posts of the last several
months indicate that I was apparently mistaken. Of course, that is not
unusual, because I also thought that questions determining the validity
of including a portion of text in the biblical corpus more rightly would
be discussed on the TC list, and dating questions in general would be
discussed on lists like ANE. I believe there are even lists that
include in their "charter" the discussion of the Qumran finds.

So, to rephrase the question, is there any list that takes the corpus of
the Hebrew Bible as we have it and dedicates its time and energies to
understanding the vocabulary, forms, and structures found in it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

----

Ibanag Translation Project