b-hebrew - Re: Apparently off topic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Apparently off topic
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:45:38 +0100

Try the Hebraisticum, from Professor Lehman's site. Of course there is NO
traffic on
it. I can't seem to find his webpage, but he is also subscribed to this list,
so if you
plead to him, maybe he will pop up and direct you.

I do have to say that I like being able to be subscribed to just one list
where I can get a
few mails a day on a variety of subjects. The thought of subscribing to ANE,
TC,
Hebrew, etc. and getting 95 mails a day is not too appetizing.

Perhaps if you were to contribute something about Hebrew grammar to the list,
you
might be able to get something going. I don't think the lack of grammar
topics on the
list is a result of the numerous TC posts. Do you?

You may also be able to solve some of your headaches by using a sort of
auto-ignore.
I use Lingomail (free downloads at www.lingomail.com) and I can specify
certain
addresses which will get any incoming mail from that address sent immediately
to the
trash can. Maybe Explorer or Netscape or whatever you use has such a feature,
and
you can put Ian's incoming posts in the trash without even having to see
them. ;-)
(This was just a joke Ian)