b-hebrew - Re[2]: Apparently off topic

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Apparently off topic
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:53:01 -0500

Ian, I am only guessing about Paul's situation out there in the
Philippines, but say he has a slow line which means it takes him 30
seconds to download each of 20 messages a day, so 10 minutes a day
which may cost him quite a lot. But would it take him less than 10
minutes a day to get into the b-hebrew site, download the lists over a
slow line, and decide and click on which messages he does not want?
Probably not. So don't conclude he is being personal against you.
Unfortunately the only good solution for Paul is to ask a few people
like you to shut up. Now despite what I have said on occasion, I don't
really want to do that. But perhaps if we all think twice before
hitting the reply button, and also avoid resending large chunks of
text which we are not commenting on, then we could reduce Paul and
others' frustration level.

Peter Kirk