b-hebrew - Re: Re[10]: JEPD Evidence

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • To: Jonathan Bailey <jonathan.bailey AT gmx.de>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[10]: JEPD Evidence
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 22:52:57 -0500

At 01:04 AM 12/20/99 +0100, you wrote:
>I will take my place among my brothers Thomas Aquinas, Jerome, Luther, and
Origen
>in the Fraternity of the Non-Scholars.

all in fact extraordinarily trained in their respective fields. Luther, as
you know, had an earned doctorate from Wittenberg. Aquinas as well was a
result of University training. Jerome spent years learning from the rabbis.
Origen was a brilliant scholar. All trained. None dilettantes.

Best

Jim

Jim West, ThD
jwest AT highland.net
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

"This is the sort of nonsense up with which I will not put." Winston
Churchill