b-hebrew - Re[8]: BH, Jouon on syntax?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • Subject: Re[8]: BH, Jouon on syntax?
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:25:41 -0400

Let me answer some of the following below. My conclusion: we are not
far apart, but we need to answer some other difficult (perhaps
unanswerable) questions before we can decide on a basic word order.

Meanwhile Prof. Niccacci has summed up much of what I was thinking in
a much more coherent way. Perhaps Dave can judge whether he has
begged the unanswered questions or has found a way to avoid having to
answer them.

Peter Kirk