b-hebrew - Re: Beyond the Basics in Hebrew Grammar

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: Tony Starks <data7201 AT aol.com>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Beyond the Basics in Hebrew Grammar
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 17:05:10 -0400

Dear Tony,
I would not bother with Beall. I would get either a computer program or Owens
_Analytical Key to the OT_.
But if you want vol. 1 of Beall, I will sell you mine for $20 (like new
condition).
Lee R. Martin

Tony Starks wrote:

> Greetings,
> After finishing a first year Hebrew grammar and reading much of
> the hebrew bible, what other steps can i take to improve on grammar and
> syntax of the hebrew bible? I've posted a number of messages about this
> subject because there is little or no information regarding this for
> (little hebrews)like myself.I understand that each teacher has his/her
> methods in teaching and various textbooks as well. But SOME information is
> better than none at all.What 2nd year hebrew grammars are available for
> study? Any "workbooks"that discuss 2nd year hebrew grammar?What are there
> strength or weaknesses in self-study? I hope i get a number of replies to
> this post..........This is a great help to (little hebrews)wishing to grow
> up.
> Tony Starks
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: lmartin AT vol.com

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
Instructor in Hebrew and Old Testament
Church of God Theological Seminary
http://earth.vol.com/~lmartin/