b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: YHWH vs. Yahweh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: YHWH vs. Yahweh
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Jim West wrote:
> er, um, I don't want to appear rude either, or unkind, but you have been
> arguing with folk about the etymology of Yahweh and yet you don't have use
> of the standard grammar of the language of the Hebrew Bible? If you were
> arguing about something familiar to you, it seems to me that you would have
> at hand those very basic tools of research.

Hello sir. I just did not understand some of the signs and symbols he
employed in his message, such as--->

--> BIYHOWS"P

and --> GKC 53q

and --> Y:HOW$W.A( and Y"$W.A(,

ad infinitum.

> Jim West, ThD
> Petros Baptist Church- Pastor
> Quartz Hill School of Theology- Adjunct Prof. of Bible

Of course, it is not always the presumptive belief that "Pastors" would be
kind, gentle, helpful, and understanding in their messages. Rather, no
distinction should be made between one of cloth and one who is not.

"Regards" to you as well.

Shalom.