b-hebrew - Re: Re[2]: YHWH vs. Yahweh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: YHWH vs. Yahweh
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:55:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, Jim West wrote:
> know if they have done any work in a field at all. Since the purpose of
> this list is the discussion of Biblical Hebrew I really dont think its too
> much to ask that those participating know at least the basics. Do you
> think that is too much to ask?

Does the serious scholarly discussion of Biblical Hebrew entail lifting
your nose and wagging your finger at other people who may not be as learnt
as you in the field? I would hope that the rest of the people on this
list, and there are some very kind and helpful ones, would not cross over
into this kind of Biblical-elitism. Funny that you protest denouncing
another persons belief system on this forum, but will openly
criticize/denounce me for not being able to keep up with the some of the
messages because I have not learnt the same way you have, or have been
taught the way you have.

Would you like it if I apologized for not being as intelligent as others
here, pastor?

Wondell M. Rachman