b-hebrew - Re[2]: Historiography and the Scriptures of Israel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter_Kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re[2]: Historiography and the Scriptures of Israel
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:17:17 -0500 (EST)

What examples of conflict did you intend to cite, Ian? Or couldn't you
find any convincing ones? I would be interested to hear of any
suggestions (apart from the ones we have heard enough of already e.g.
the Philistines in Genesis). But I do not accept as evidence for
conflict arguments from silence and absence of archaeological
evidence.

Peter Kirk