xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Olivier Lefevre <lefevrol AT yahoo.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 02:35:16 +0200

The reason I don't want to play that game

But you _are_ playing it, in a way, by caving in to their (implicit) demand that you stick to 1.4.

The bottom line is that this issue splits the community and pits those who want to move at their glacial pace against those who, whatever their reservations w/r to some of the features in the newer versions (and I have plenty), would rather be reasonably current and on the same page as their fellow developers since, as Randall said, Java is as it is: from a practical point of view either you accept it or you need to start planning your exit. Of necessity, one of them has to be disenfranchised. Given what you just said about the mostly bad reasons why some companies are so hyper-conservative and how you are not interested in their money, it seems rather perverse that your policy should cater to that first group.

-- O.L.