xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Olivier Lefevre <lefevrol AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 06:05:07 -0400

Olivier Lefevre wrote:

What I would have expected is that people or places still using
Java 1.4 would keep using the last XOM version that does not require
1.5, that is to say, the XOM version that is contemporary with
Java 1.4; later, when they move on to a newer JDK release they can
move on in lockstep to newer releases of their third-party libraries: what would be the harm in such a policy?

I do not have the time or the interest to maintain two branches of XOM. Bug fixes and new features go on the trunk only.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!