xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Michael Kay" <mike AT saxonica.com>
  • To: "'Olivier Lefevre'" <lefevrol AT yahoo.com>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Iterable Elements
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:41:58 +0100

> If you want to be a player in the enterprise software world,
> supporting multiple versions is a burden you have to be
> willing to bear anyhow:

No, the dynamics of open source development changes that entirely. When
users aren't paying, they can't make demands.

When I started doing open source I found that incredibly liberating, and it
enabled me to move forward at a far faster pace and produce much better
software than I had ever done in the commercial space.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/