sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: combining all gcc frontends into a single spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Peng Chang (Charles)" <chp516 AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: combining all gcc frontends into a single spell
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:35:03 +0800

If I understand what bug 15166 states correctly, I think that if you use
a combined gcc spell and seperate gmp and mpfr spells, we shall have the
circular dependency remaining but it is unlikely that this circular
dependency will cause any cast failure.

All the cast failures seem to be caused by gcc checking g++ failure or
vice versa. If we have a combined gcc spell, I guess these checkings are
no longer conducted.

Well, this is just a guess. As soon as ruskie uploads his spell, I'd
like to test immediately.

Charles