sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: combining all gcc frontends into a single spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] RFC: combining all gcc frontends into a single spell
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:30:19 +0200 (CEST)

> Sounds good for future updates. This means we have an upgrade issue
> though, as going from split spells to combined spell broke due to this
> dependency cycle. This needs to be resolved before it can go to test
> grimoire.

Another issue I would like to stuff someplace is /lib64

Do we really need to bother with supporting both instead of just putting
things into /lib and be done with.

This would reduce the need to handle specs files in the gcc spell.
Considering we overwrite this everywhere else we should do it for the
loader as well:

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 to /lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

And be done with it.

--
Andraž ruskie Levstik
Source Mage GNU/Linux Games/Xorg grimoire guru

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it.