sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] P4 down again
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 14:30:51 -0500

On Apr 06, Tony Smith [tony AT smee.org] wrote:
> Andra?? "ruskie" Levstik wrote:
> > Agreed...
> >
> > I was wondering not sure how the others would take it and this is mostly
> > a PL decision but could we host the server ourselves???
>
> Absolutely. This has come up before over the years, but if anyone has
> better connectivity and is willing to host it, I'd be happy to help
> migrate the repository over.

I wasn't aware this was an option. For some reason I thought there was
some kind of "it's free if perforce (the company) hosts it", ala bitkeeper.
Not sure why I thought that.

Anyway, SMGL has dedicated server resources now, in a real datacenter.
Depending on the monthly bandwidth consumption, we can probably put it
there. Please send me the bandwidth / disk / etc. requirements and
anything else I might need to know to evaluate the feasibility of a
migration. Private email to this address is fine.

Thanks.